Welcome to our look at 10 Short Inspirational Quotes from Walt Disney. Walt was never a man short on words. He was always happy to talk about his life, his business and whatever else anyone would want to talk to him about. Something Walt became particularly adept at over his lifetime was being able to turn his trials and tribulations into positive momentum for himself and his business. Lucky for us, Walt was always quick to dispense what he learned and offered up many short inspirational quotes during his lifetime. Collected here are the 10 short quotes we feel are his most inspiring. Have a quote not on our list? Be sure to leave it in the comments section.
10) You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.
9) Laughter is America’s most important export.
8) The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
7) We are not trying to entertain the critics. I’ll take my chances with the public.
6) Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
5) You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
4) I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse.
3) There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.
2) It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
1) All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Hopefully you find as much inspiration from these 10 quotes as we do. When you study Walt Disney the man, you can’t help but walk away feeling inspired and filled with a strong sense of determinism. Walt wasn’t going to let anything or anyone stop him from achieving his goals. Though he was met with many hardships and flat out rejections, he didn’t let them dissuade him in anyway. In fact, Walt was fueled by his “failures;” he learnt much more from a failure or mistake than he did with immediate success. What ultimately set Walt Disney apart from his contemporaries was his innate ability to learn and become stronger from his failures. His unwavering determinism to bring about his inner dreams allowed him to craft an empire and fundamentally change the way parents and children have fun together. If there’s one thing to take away from the life of Walt Disney, it’s to make sure you never sell your dreams short- no matter how impossible they might seem. Walt Disney built a career out of making the impossible, possible.
What are some of your biggest dreams in life? What are a few things you’ve longed to achieve? Start planning how to get there now. You owe it to yourself to pursue your greatest passions. Who knows, you could very well redefine your field as Walt Disney did… and even if you don’t achieve that level of success, don’t you you think you at least owe it to yourself to try?
Until next time, keep on dreaming.